Chicken Burgers With Rainbow Sesame Slaw
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2/3 cup julienned jicama
- 2/3 cup julienned (red, orange, yellow or any combination) bell peppers
- 2/3 cup strings removed and julienned snow peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons divided sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons divided sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 zested and juiced lime
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/3 cup sliced on the bias scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass stalk
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 6 with sesame seeds hamburger buns
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
For the rainbow sesame slaw: Combine the jicama, bell peppers, snow peas, rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium mixing bowl, tossing to combine. Set aside.
For the Sriracha lime mayo: Combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha, lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the burger patties: Combine the chicken, scallions, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, lemongrass and garlic, gently mixing to incorporate. Divide the mixture into 6 patties and set aside. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, and brush with the vegetable oil. Place the patties on the grill and cook, turning once until done, 6 to 8 minutes per side. During the last few minutes of cooking, baste each burger with 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce.
To assemble, spread about 1 tablespoon of the Sriracha lime mayo on each bun bottom and top. Place the patties on the bun bottoms, top with about 1/3 cup of the slaw, add the bun top and enjoy! These burgers are great served with sweet potato fries or sweet potato chips.