Broccoli Cole Slaw
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- chopped for garnish green onions
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 (3 oz) bags (other flavors will work, too) ramen noodle soup in Oriental
- 2 (12 oz) bags broccoli cole slaw mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup or white sugar brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ramen noodle seasoning packet
Put the ramen noodles in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin while melting butter in a large skillet over low/medium heat. Add the crushed noodles and slivered almonds to the skillet and saute, stirring occasionally (keep temperature at low/medium heat) until golden brown.
Meanwhile, whisk together the canola oil, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and ramen noodle seasoning packet in a small bowl. Place the shredded broccoli into bowl and toss with the noodles, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped green onions.