Aunt Peggy’s Sweet Potato Souffle
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 3 cups cooked and mashed (from about 2 to 3 small baked potatoes) sweet potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 tablespoons divided unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup self-rising cake flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Souffle: Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, 8 tablespoons of melted butter, vanilla and salt. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Topping: Combine the brown sugar, 4 tablespoons of butter cubed at room temperature, flour, and pecans in a separate bowl. Crumble the topping over the sweet potato mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is golden brown. Serve hot.