Yard Egg Blender Frittata
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 8 fresh eggs
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- 1/3 medium sweet onion
- 1/3 bag (2-3 cups packed) fresh baby spinach
- dash cayanne pepper
- 1/2 block softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon for the pan olive oil
- 1 handful plus a sprig or two more for garnish fresh basil
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
Seriously toss EVERYTHING, except the tomato and 1/2 cup of the grated cheese in the blender. Whir until well blended and fluffy. Pour mixture into a well oiled 14″ cast iron skillet.
Bake at 400 °F for approx. 15 minutes.
When frittata begins to set, remove from oven.
Sprinkle liberally with cheese. Arrange tomato slices and thin slices of onion. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
Crack a little pepper on top. Finish in oven until firm.
I like to broil the top for a few minutes when it is almost done.
Garnish with a little fresh basil.
Serve to adoring friends and family.