Chicken Kabobs With Grilled Onions
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Cook time: 6 minutes
- Servings: 10 appetizer servings
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- pinch black pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 lb cut in half chicken tenders
- 1 bunch green onions
- 10 soaked in water for 30 minutes wooden skewers
Spray a grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, teriyaki sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt. Add the chicken. Seal the bag and chill for 1 hour.
Drain the chicken, discarding the marinade. Thread the chicken onto the skewers. Arrange the skewers on the grill, and grill until the chicken is done, about 3 minutes on each side. Grill the green onions until browned, about 1 minute on each side. Arrange the green onions on a serving platter. Top with the chicken. Serve immediately.