Tomato and Mozzarella Tarts
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- for dusting all purpose flour
- 1 frozen thawed (from a 17 1/2 oz package) puff pastry sheet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large thinly sliced plum tomato
- 8 to 9 leaves fresh basil
- 3 oz very thinly sliced, about 8 or 9 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, unfold the pastry. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 8 or 9 rounds; place rounds on the prepared baking sheet. Prick the pastry rounds all over with a fork. Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan. Bake rounds for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
Top each tart with a slice of tomato, basil leaf and mozzarella slice. Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.