By Jamie DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce
- ½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar-jack cheese, divided
- pico de gallo, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- avocado, for serving
- radishes, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for serving
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook beef over medium heat until browned and crumbly; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in enchilada sauce, salt, cumin, chipotle chile pepper, chili powder, and black pepper. Wipe skillet clean.
In a medium bowl, stir together refried beans and green chiles.
Cut 3 tortillas in half. Line sides of skillet with halved tortillas, rounded edges up. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of skillet. Spoon half of beef mixture onto tortilla, and sprinkle with ½ cup of cheese. Top with another tortilla, and spread half of bean mixture on top. Repeat layers once with a tortilla between each layer. Top with remaining tortilla, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, radish, and cilantro.