Smoked Oyster Log
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Paula Deen Celebrates
Servings: Makes 1 (9-inch) log
- 1½ packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ small yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 (3.75-ounce) can smoked oysters, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ cups pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- wheat crackers (or other favorite crackers), for serving
Combine the cream cheese, steak sauce, mayonnaise, garlic, and onion. Blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in the smoked oysters. Form into a log about 9 inches long and wrap well in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm.
Combine the chili powder and pecans. Roll the cream cheese log in the nuts until completely coated. Then roll the log in the parsley.
Keep the log in a plastic bag in the cooler until you are ready to eat. Serve with crackers.