Kentucky Colonel Barbecue Pork Chops
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 onion, chopped (or 2 tablespoons onion powder)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon Paula Deen Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 clove garlic (or 1 tablespoon garlic powder)
- 10 (1-in thick) pork chops
Combine all ingredients except for the pork chops and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat and cool. Refrigerate sauce overnight to blend flavors.
Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
Apply sauce to chops with dish mop or paint brush. Grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-well. Baste with sauce each time they are turned.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. We have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.