Easy Peanut Spiced Slaw
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 150 minutes
- 1 lb green cabbage (about half a medium head), finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 5 medium radishes, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup Paula Deen Peanut Butter BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly salted and roasted peanuts, chopped
Toss cabbage and carrot with 1 teaspoon salt in a colander or large mesh strainer set over a medium bowl. Let stand until cabbage wilts, 1 to 4 hours. Rinse cabbage under cold running water (or in large bowl of ice water if serving slaw immediately). Press, but do not squeeze, to drain; pat dry with paper towels.
In a large bowl, gently mix cabbage, carrots, radishes, scallions, and bean sprouts with Paula Deen Peanut Butter BBQ Sauce. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, toss in cilantro and sprinkle top with chopped peanuts.