Easy Peanut Spiced Slaw
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 lb (about half a medium head), finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 large peeled and grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon plus more to taste salt
- 5 medium halved lengthwise and thinly sliced radishes
- 2 medium thinly sliced scallions
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup Paula Deen Peanut Butter BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted and roasted peanuts
Toss cabbage and carrot with 1 teaspoon salt in a colander or large mesh strainer set over a medium bowl. Let stand until cabbage wilts, 1 to 4 hours. Rinse cabbage under cold running water (or in large bowl of ice water if serving slaw immediately). Press, but do not squeeze, to drain; pat dry with paper towels.
In a large bowl, gently mix cabbage, carrots, radishes, scallions and bean sprouts with Paula Deen Peanut Butter BBQ Sauce. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, toss in cilantro and sprinkle top with chopped peanuts.