Chocolate Peanut Butter Gooey Butter Cake
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 40-50 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 (18 1/4 oz) package chocolate cake mix
- 4 large divided eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks), melted, divided butter
- 1 (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a 13×9 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
Add the cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick melted butter to a large bowl and beat with an electric hand held mixer until combined. Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking pan and pat down evenly.
Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat well until smooth. Beat in the 3 eggs, one at a time. Add the peanut butter, vanilla and stick of butter. Add the powdered sugar in last and beat until well mixed.
Evenly spread the mixture over the cake batter using a rubber spatula. Bake for 40-50 minutes. The center of the cake should still be slightly gooey when finished baking.