Chicken Pesto Pasta
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 1 (16-oz) package fettuccine, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
In a very large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and cut into ½-inch pieces.
Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender. Add squash and zucchini and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender. Stir in cream and pesto; cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add pasta and chicken, tossing gently to coat. Cook until mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.