By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 lb package light brown sugar
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (or margarine), softened butter
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, butter, eggs, coconut, vanilla, pecans and chocolate chips until well combined. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted through the middle comes out clean. Cool the cake completely in the pan before cutting it into squares.