Cheesy Squash Casserole
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 medium thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 large thinly sliced Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 sleeve crushed medium to fine buttery crackers
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the squash, onion, and butter until soft. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, cheddar and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.