Cheesy Pizza Dip with Pizza Crust Dippers
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Servings: 3 1/2 dozen dippers or 12 to 15 servings
- 4 1/2 tablespoons divided (stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped canadian bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup about 10 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 12.8-ounce cans refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated romano
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
In a skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the sausage, breaking up with a wooden spoon, Canadian bacon, and pepperoni. Cook until the sausage is done and no longer pink. Add the cream cheese and stir to melt and combine. Stir in the Italian seasoning and bacon.
Spoon the mixture into a 1-quart baking dish. Bake until the dip is browned and bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve the dip with the Pizza Crust Dippers.
Pizza Crust Dippers:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
On a clean, flat surface, unroll the dough. Brush the dough evenly with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 2 by 3-inch rectangles. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.