By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 (16 oz) jars chunky salsa
- 2 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 cup cooked and chopped ham
- 2 (12 inch) or frozen cheese pizzas pizza crusts
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (8 oz) packages or cheddar Monterey Jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
Position the oven rack at the lowest level. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven on the rack. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
Heat the oil in a small saucepan and saute the mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Cut the crusts into biscuit sized pieces using a biscuit cutter. Distribute the vegetables evenly over the crusts. Reserve 1 cup of the salsa and spoon the remaining salsa evenly over the 2 pizzas. If you don’t have a pizza stone, place the pizzas on a baking sheet. They won’t be as crisp as they would be if you placed them directly on the rack, but this is a lot less messy.
Bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes, and then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 7 minutes more. Serve pizza slices topped with the reserved salsa, olives, cooked ham, shredded lettuce and sour cream.
-For a Greek style pizza, use olives, tapenade, spinach and feta cheese.
-For an Italian style pizza, use tomato sauce and provolone cheese.