Caramel Apple Cheesecake
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 oz) packages at room temperature cream cheese
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- 12 plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans pecan halves
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Reserve 3/4 cup of the apple filling; set aside. Spoon the remaining filling into the crust. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour this over the pie filling.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set. Cool to room temperature.
Mix the reserved pie filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan and heat for about 1 minute, or until spreadable. Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.