Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars With Streusel Topping
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 peeled, cored and finely chopped Granny Smith apples
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons divided sugar
- 2 (8 oz) packages softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed and divided brown sugar
- 3 cups divided all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 sticks softened and divided butter
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cut in 2 sticks butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 13-by-9-by-2 inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup oats and 1 stick softened butter.