Buffalo Chicken Livers
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Paula Deen Hot Sauce
- 1 lb soaking in milk chicken livers
- for deep frying (substitute canola or vegetable oil) peanut oil
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
Preheat oil in Dutch oven to 375 °F
In a zip-top or paper bag, combine flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder and peppers. Place the chicken livers in the bag and shake gently until coated.
In a small saucepan, heat butter and hot sauce just until butter melts; keep warm until ready to use.
Deep-fry livers a few pieces at a time for 10-12 minutes, turning once or twice. Don’t crowd deep fryer or pot.
Drain livers on a paper towel-lined baking sheet for 30 seconds.
Transfer buffalo sauce to a large mixing bowl, then immediately toss fried livers in the buffalo sauce and remove with a slotted spoon. Repeat with remaining livers.
For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the prepared blue cheese dressing and the crumbled blue cheese.