Bowl Day Wings
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 4 hours
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 oz) bottle honey BBQ hot wing sauce
- optional blue cheese dressing
- optional celery stalks
1. Cut off wing tips and discard; cut wings in half at joint, if desired. Place wings and drummettes in a large shallow dish or large resealable plastic freezer bag.
2. In a small bowl, combine oil and next 4 ingredients, stirring well with a wire whisk. Pour mixture over wings and drummettes. Cover or seal; chill for 4 hours, turning occasionally
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil. Set a rack into the pan and coat the rack with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Remove wings and drummettes from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken on prepared rack. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, pour hot wing sauce over chicken. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, if desired.