By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large bananas
- 10 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix graham cracker crumbs with softened butter and press mixture into 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 5-8 minutes at 350 °F.
To create toffee filling, pour the condensed milk into a 9x12x2 glass baking dish. Cover with foil and place dish inside a larger poaching pan. Add water to poaching pan until half way up sides of baking dish. Bake at 300 °F for an hour and a half.
Once both the crust and toffee filling are cooled, spread half of the toffee filling evenly inside crust. Slice the bananas and layer on top of filling. Pour remaining half of filling over bananas, spreading evenly. Whip the cream with the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla and spread on top of toffee filling and bananas.