Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar and Butter
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 cut in 1/2 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 °F.
Scoop the seeds and stringy pulp out of the squash cavity and discard. In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt and pepper, to taste. Rub the squash cavities and the cut sides of the squash with the butter mixture and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork. Serve 1 half per person.