Mama’s Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
By Jamie Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a sheet tray with foil.
Slice each squash in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard them. Arrange the squash, cut sides up, on a sheet tray.
Combine the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, thyme, and salt and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and divide the melted butter mixture among the squash cavities, brushing some on the cut side of each squash. Bake for 1 hour, until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork.