Asparagus, Sausage, and Arugula Pizza
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cook time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 link (about 1/3 pound) casing removed Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb sliced in half crosswise and lengthwise asparagus
- 1 cup or cherry tomatoes grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 3 tablespoons divided olive oil
- 1 lb store bought , at room temperature pizza dough
- for dusting flour
- 1 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
Preheat a pizza stone for 1 hour at 450 °F on the center rack of your oven.
While your oven heats, cook the sausage completely in a non-stick skillet, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon until crumbly.
Add asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and garlic to a large bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss well.
Sprinkle a pizza peel with flour and stretch out your dough into a 12-inch round. Top evenly with asparagus, tomatoes, sausage, and ricotta cheese.
Slide pizza on the stone and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and top with arugula and an additional drizzle of olive oil.