White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pie
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups divided, plus 1/3 cup and 3/4 cup whipped soft for filling heavy cream
- 6 1/2 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 1/2 (1 oz) squares melted white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2/3 cup roasted chopped, plus 1-2 oz chopped for garnish macadamia nuts
- 1 (9 inch) pre-baked deep-dish pie shell
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
For ganache, put chocolate chips in a metal mixing bowl. Bring 1/2 cup cream to a light boil and pour over chips until they completely dissolve. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
For filling, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with a handheld electric mixer until smooth. Scrape bowl with a spatula and mix in the 1/3 cup heavy cream. Add the white chocolate, zest and 2/3 cup nuts and stir just until incorporated. Fold in the 3/4 cup heavy cream. Spread into pre-baked pie shell and level off using a rubber spatula. Put in freezer until frozen. To finish pie, you will need to place the ganache in a microwave on the low setting for no more than 10 seconds at a time. Stir after each warming until ganache pours loosely but is not even close to boiling (see note). Spread warm ganache over top of frozen pie, smoothing to the edges with a spatula.
For garnish, beat 1 1/2 cups cream and confectioner’s sugar with a handheld electric mixer to a stiff peak. Pipe edges of pie with whipped cream. Sprinkle 1-2 oz macadamia nuts over pie. Store pie in refrigerator.
Tip – Be very careful when warming chocolate, as it will burn very quickly when heated in the microwave. Once chocolate is scorched it is unusable.