White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
By Sandy DavisJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped shelled pistachios (if using unsalted, add ¼ teaspoon salt to the flour)
- 1 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy and pale in color, about 3 to 5 minutes—don’t skimp on time, as it ensures soft, chewy cookies. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Using a wooden spoon, carefully stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, until just combined, then stir in the white chocolate chips, cranberries, and pistachios.
Drop heaping spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges start to turn a pretty golden color. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.