White Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Paula Deen Cuts the Fat
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15½-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons regular or light sour cream
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes halves in olive oil, finely chopped
- chopped fresh chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
In a food processor, pulse the garlic until it is roughly chopped. Add the beans and pulse until combined. Add the oil, lemon juice, and sour cream, and pulse until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the processor and pulse until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix. Taste for seasoning and adjust. Scoop the dip into a bowl and serve at room temperature garnished with chopped parsley. I like to serve this dip with baked whole-wheat pita chips.