Warm Turnip Green Dip
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 5 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup dry wine
- 1 (16 oz) package thawed and drained frozen chopped turnip greens
- 12 oz cut into pieces cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly grated, reserving 1/4 cup for top Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag fried pork rinds
Pre heat oven to 350 °F.
In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients (except rinds and 1/4 cup Parmesan) well. Transfer into baking dish. Cook 20 minutes. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and cook 5 more minutes on broil.
Use fried pork rinds for dipping!
Notes from the Paula Deen Test Kitchen: Increase salt to Â½ teaspoon to enhance flavor.