Warm Turnip Green Dip
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry wine
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen chopped turnip greens, thawed and drained
- 12 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, reserving 1/4 cup for top
- 1 bag fried pork rinds
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients (except rinds and 1/4 cup Parmesan) well. Transfer into baking dish. Cook 20 minutes. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and cook 5 more minutes on broil.
Use fried pork rinds for dipping!
Notes from the Paula Deen Test Kitchen: Increase salt to ½ teaspoon to enhance flavor.