Vampire Dip in Fried Tortilla Bowl
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small chopped Vidalia onion
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup spicy tomato juice
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 3 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- for frying peanut oil
- round wire fry baskets
Finely chop the green bell pepper and onion in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients, puree until almost smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Transfer to a fried tortilla bowl to serve.
Preheat deep-fryer to 350 °F.
Place tortilla in 1 of the baskets. Place another basket on top to hold it in place. Place in the deep-fryer and fry for roughly 1 minute or until golden and crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray to drain and cool. Fill with the vampire dip when completely cooled.