Campfire Hamburger Packets
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 4 medium sliced thin red potatoes
- 1 large sliced thin onion
- 4 peeled and cut into strips carrots
- 4 slices bacon
In a large bowl combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, egg, lemon juice, cheese, green pepper and House Seasoning. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
Place each patty onto 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil (enough to cover and close). On each patty, place potato slices, onion slice, and carrots. Slice bacon in half and place both slices on top. Seal aluminum foil tightly and cook on campfire or in a 350 °F oven for approximately 45 minutes.