Turkey Sloppy Joes
By Jamie Deen
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons (or oil of your choice) pure cottonseed oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 split crusty sandwich rolls
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and ground turkey. Break up the turkey meat using a wooden spoon, brown for about 5 minutes.
Add the onion and red pepper to the turkey and cook until onion and pepper are softened. Add the brown sugar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve on crusty sandwich rolls or perhaps on a potato roll.