Carrots Au Gratin
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- 2 tablespoons plus more for the baking dish butter
- 4 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded colby and monterey jack cheese blend
- 1 cup crushed crushed potato chips
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Lightly butter a 9-inch baking dish.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots and scallions and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the flour, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the milk and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cheese. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the chips. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.