Strawberry Cannoli Parfaits
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons amaretto or orange liqueur
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup confectioners' powdered sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios
- 24 amaretti cookies, crushed
In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and amaretto. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
In a large bowl, whip the cream with the confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form (tips curl). In a medium bowl, stir half of the whipped cream into the ricotta to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream and cinnamon. Fold the ¼ cup chocolate chips and the pistachios into cream mixture.
Place a layer of crushed amaretti cookies in each of 4 parfait glasses. Top each with a layer of cannoli cream and then strawberry slices. Repeat layering. If desired, top with additional miniature chocolate chips.