Strawberry Cannoli Parfaits
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 lb hulled and sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons or orange liqueur amaretto liqueur
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped, optional unsalted pistachios
- 24 crushed amaretti cookies
- optional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and amaretto. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
In a large bowl, whip the cream with the confectioner’s sugar until soft peaks form (tips curl). In a medium bowl, stir half of the whipped cream into the ricotta to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream and cinnamon. Fold the pistachios into cream mixture.
Place a layer of crushed amaretti cookies in each of 4 parfait glasses. Top each with a layer of strawberry slices and then cannoli cream. Repeat layering. If desired, top with miniature chocolate chips.