Salted Chocolate Pudding and Hazelnut Shortcakes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4 oz) finely chopped bittersweet chocolate baking bar
- 6 split shortcakes
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
1. In a small saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; gradually add chopped chocolate, whisking until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding. Chill for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
2. Divide pudding among bottom halves of shortcakes. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and salt. Add top halves of shortcakes. Serve immediately.