By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 3 minutes
- Cook time: 3 minutes
- Servings: 3
- 2 cups (leftover, cooked) rice
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- to taste Paula Deen House Seasoning
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 juiced (2 tablespoons) and zested lemon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cups for frying vegetable oil
In a medium bowl, toss the rice with salt, black pepper, Paula Deen House seasoning, parmesan spring onions and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Beat eggs, then add to mixture and stir to combine.
Shape the rice mixture into patties and coat with bread crumbs.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Oil should be hot, but not smoking. Fry the croquettes over medium-high heat until nice and golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.