By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 small sliced thin bell pepper
- 1 small sliced thin onion
- to taste Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 medium cooked potatoes
- 6 slices cooked crisp bacon
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spread mashed potatoes evenly on bottom of casserole dish. Layer sour cream evenly over top. (Each time you add a layer, sprinkle on a little House seasoning.) Sauté onion and bell pepper in butter; evenly layer over top of sour cream. Next, layer with 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Slice potatoes and layer over cheese until top is completely covered with potatoes. Finally top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and crumble bacon over top.
Leftover mashed potatoes work wonderfully in this recipe.