Peanut Butter Pie
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
At the Southern Table
Get your copy of At the Southern Table with Paula Deen here.
Servings: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) pkg. softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Garnish grated chocolate
- Garnish sweetened whipped cream
- Garnish fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a medium bowl, stir together wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Bake for 8 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate morsels onto hot crust; let stand for 2 minutes. Spread chocolate evenly onto crust.
In a small bowl, beat heavy cream with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Beat in condensed milk until well combined; gently fold in whipped cream. Spread mixture into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Garnish with chocolate, whipped cream, and strawberries, if desired.