Nawlins Chicory Coffee
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened and cut into pieces
- 8 cups cold strong coffee, brewed with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- coffee liqueur, optional
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating until combined. Reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla.
In a large serving bowl, combine the ice cream and whipped cream. Pour in the coffee and allow the ice cream mixture to soften slightly. Gently stir before serving. Top each serving with 1/2 teaspoon liqueur, if using, and sprinkle with cinnamon.