New-Fashioned Green Bean Casserole
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sherry, optional
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, cooked and drained
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can low-fat or regular condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- Paula Deen House Seasoning, to taste
- ⅓ cup smoked almonds, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, heat the oil oven medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. If you are using sherry, add it now and let it bubble away completely, about 30 seconds. Add the green beans, soup, milk and House Seasoning, to taste.
Scrape into the prepared dish and bake for 20 minutes. Top with almonds and bake for 10 minutes more, until the casserole is bubbly and the almonds are fragrant.