Ghost Mousse in Chocolate Cups
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Prep time: 4.5 hours
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 3 (1.9-ounce) boxes dark Belgian chocolate cordial and toasting cups
- chocolate sprinkles, for garnish
In a small bowl, soften gelatin in 3 tablespoons cold water. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup boiling water until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in orange-flavored liqueur and gelatin mixture. Cover, and chill for 4 hours. Pipe mousse into chocolate cups to resemble ghosts. Place chocolate sprinkles on mousse to make eyes and mouth, if desired.