Fettuccine with Zucchini Ribbons
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- ⅓ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup roughly chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeño
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium or 3 small zucchini
- ½ (16-ounce) package fettuccine
In the work bowl of a food processor, place first 8 ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Place herb mixture in a large, shallow serving bowl.
Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips from zucchini to make ribbons. Cut strips in half lengthwise. Add zucchini to serving bowl.
Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, and immediately add to zucchini and herb mixture in bowl, tossing to coat.