Espresso Nut Blondies
By Deen Brothers
- Servings: About 18 bars
- 1 pound 2 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
In a medium saucepan, heat the sugar and the 3/4 cup butter over medium heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Dissolve the espresso powder in the hot water; stir into the sugar mixture. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 11×7-inch baking pan; set aside.
Beat the eggs and vanilla into the cooled sugar mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.