Easy Blueberry Skillet Cake
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons divided unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 (12 oz) tube buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
For the streusel topping: Combine the almonds, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, flour and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until large crumbs form.
For the coffee cake: Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
In a 9-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and brown sugar over medium heat until melted. Arrange the biscuits in a single layer in the skillet. Scatter the blueberries over the biscuits, and then distribute the streusel topping over the berries. Bake until the biscuits are golden and a tester inserted in the center of a biscuit comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve from the skillet.