By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/2 (or green bell pepper), finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon divided Creole seasoning
- 4 split hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen Hot Sauce
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Add the beef and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning to the pepper and onion mixture, stirring well to combine. Shape into 4-6 thin patties.
Spray a non-stick ridged grill pan with non-stick spray and set over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning occasionally, 8-9 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, relish, green onions, hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon creole spice blend in a small bowl. Serve the burgers on buns topped with the Bayou Mayo.