Chocolate Spiced Pork Chops
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, Italian seasoning, onion powder, cocoa powder, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper, cumin, salt and black pepper. Rub the mixture evenly over pork chops.
Add the oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side. Put the skillet in oven and bake the pork chops until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven, transfer the chops to a serving platter and serve.