By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Servings: 8 - 12
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped pimentos
- 1 (2 1/4 oz) package toasted slivered almonds
- 3 cups grated and divided sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz) can drained sliced mushrooms
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, soup, broth, and sherry. Add the chicken, 2 cups of the cheese, the almonds, pimento, mushrooms, and salt and pepper to taste, and toss gently to combine. Transfer the mixture to a greased 13-by-9-by-2 inch casserole and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.