Bobby’s Lighter Chicken Boudine
By Bobby Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2 cups dry no-yolk noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 oz) package baby spinach
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) cans fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped and cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted (optional) slivered almonds
Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 2- 3 minutes.
Combine the soup and water in a small bowl until blended. Add the soup, chicken, and cooked noodles to the skillet; heat through. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake, covered, until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with the almonds, if using.