Bobby’s Lighter Chicken Boudine
By Bobby Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 2 cups dry no-yolk noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 oz) package baby spinach
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) cans fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped and cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted (optional) slivered almonds
Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 2- 3 minutes.
Combine the soup and water in a small bowl until blended. Add the soup, chicken, and cooked noodles to the skillet; heat through. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake, covered, until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubby, 20â25 minutes. Sprinkle with the almonds, if using.