By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 (8 oz) can drained diced tomatoes
- 1/2 lb cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup divided in two ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon divided in two yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 slices white bread
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Combine ground beef, onion, eggs, tomatoes, oats, bacon, cheddar, 1/8 cup ketchup, mayonnaise, 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Line a medium casserole dish with 6 slices of white bread. Shape the meat into a loaf shape atop the bread.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/8 cup ketchup, 1/2 tablespoon mustard and 3 tablespoons brown sugar.
Spread the ketchup, mustard and brown sugar mixture across the top.
Bake for 40 – 60 minutes, remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.